- Publish Date: September 01, 2018
- Format: Hardcover
- Category: Gardening - General
- Publisher: National Trust
- Trim Size: 7-2/3 x 10
- Pages: 304
- US Price: $39.95
- CDN Price: $53.95
- ISBN: 978-1-911358-25-1
'Until now, Jenny Uglow's 'A Little History of British Gardening' has been the best short treatment of its subject, but 'The Story of the English Garden' now supersedes it. This elegant synthesis of existing scholarship is almost as well written as Mrs Uglow's book, but is better on historical discrimination and detail.'
- Book Review - Country Life Magazine ||
'Sumptuous illustrated guide.'
- Book Review - Good Housekeeping Magazine ||
‘Informative and entertaining book provides the perfect introduction to the history of our garden making.’
- The Sunday Times